Get more kick from your Facebook (FB) posting when you create a customized marketing campaign that integrates marketing in FaceBook (FB) with your web site. This is an easy way to provide specific information to potential clients.
Your post in FB will include a link to your web site. That link in your post creates an inbound link to your site of a PR 9+. Be sure to use a natural link, not a shortened link.
Nowadays, your FB post(s) is circulated to only people in your network. FB has diminished global advertising in posts. Instead, to advertise/circulate your post to the world, you have to "boost" it which costs money depending on the parameters you pick and the budget you allow for each post 'boosting'.
In this technique, implementing a customized business application focused on marketing, I will describe how to design a campaign that tracks how many people click the link in your FB post, and where they come from (geographic), and other info that will depend on how you have setup or not setup your Google Analytics (GA) account. GA is free to use.
Design Your Marketing Process
Here we go in a step by step description to design and implement this technique.
1. Make a specific web page or blog post that has your marketing information. Typically, this is called a landing page. There are some good (paying) services that will automate landing page creation for you, but you can easily make one your self. Or, hire me to do it (shameless plug). Here is a landing page for a local roofing service: http://skyeroofing.com/Coupon/
2. Next, make a specific page that provides opportunity to complete an intended marketing action of the page in #1. In other words, whatever action you want the reader to take on the page #1, provide a page where they will accomplish it. In this example, the targeted marketing action for a reader to take in #1 is to request information by filling out one of the forms on page #1. When that is form is submitted, the reader will be taken to http://skyeroofing.com/Coupon/Coupon/free-roofing-estimate.html.
Congratulations, you have just setup a conversion process on your web site: converting a reader to a information requester. Hopefully the next conversion will be from an information requester to a buyer of your service.
Adjusting Content To Improve Results
By adjusting the content in 1) your FB post content and 2) the landing page content (#1) you can tweak your custom marketing process.
A. If no one is clicking the FB post link then the text in that post is not compelling.
B. If people are clicking the link in your FB post, but not completing the targeted action (#2) then that content or offer is not compelling.
[read entire article]
- Video Marketing
- Tutorial Video Series With FCPX
- 10 Online Marketing Ideas
- 3 Steps To Build & Sustain Your Marketing
- Content Marketing vs Traditional Marketing
- Use Content 300%
- Importance of Organic Results
- Tutorial Video Marketing Ideas
- Marketing Research Report
- Business Reputation Management