Research to help you understand who is using social media and why they are using it.
#1 The top three social networks used by Business To Business (B2) marketers are LinkedIn (91%); Twitter (85%); and Facebook (81%). However, just 62% of marketers say that LinkedIn is effective, while 50% say the same for Twitter and only 30% of B2B marketers view Facebook as effective. December 2014 (Marketing Research)
#2 About 60 percent of all Internet activity in the U.S. originates from mobile devices, and about half of total Internet traffic flows through mobile apps. July 2014 (Geo Marketing)
#3 Google+ actually averages more visits per month than Facebook. Google+ receives 1.2 billion visits per month compared to Facebook’s 809 million. (Geo Marketing)
#4 Landing pages with videos increase conversions nearly 90 percent. (Ad Week)
#5 The average content length for a web page that ranks in the top 10 results for any keyword on Google has at least 2,000 words. The higher up you go on the search listings page, the more content each web page has. (Hubspot)
#6 86% of consumers stated that using a search engine allowed them to learn something new or important that helped him/her increase his/her knowledge. (Pew Research Center, Search Engine Use 2012)
#7 55% of B2B marketers said that it is unclear within their organization what an effective or successful content marketing program looks like.
Research: who uses Facebook?
Fully 71% of online American adults use Facebook, a proportion unchanged from August 2013. Usage among seniors continues to increase. Some 56% of internet users ages 65 and older now use Facebook, up from 45% who did so in late 2013 and 35% who did so in late 2012. Women are also particularly likely to use Facebook compared with men, a trend that continues from prior years.
Facebook users also have a wide variety of friends on the network:
- 93% of Facebook users say they are Facebook friends with family members other than parents or children
- 91% say they are Facebook friends with current friends
- 87% say they are connected to friends from the past, such as high school or college classmates
- 58% say they are connected to work colleagues
- 45% say they are Facebook friends with their parents
- 43% say they are friends with their children on Facebook
- 39% say they are connected to people they have never met in person
- 36% say they are Facebook friends with their neighbors
Research - who uses social marketing?
This research is made available through PEW Research, a non-profit organization.
#1 As of September 2014:
71% of online adults use Facebook
23% of online adults use Twitter
26% use Instagram
28% use Pinterest
28% use LinkedIn
#2 Fully 40% of cell phone owners use a social networking site on their phone, and 28% do so on a typical day.
Here are some strictly Facebook statistics ....
#3 Facebook users are more trusting than others
#4 Facebook users have more close relationships
#5 Facebook users are much more politically engaged than most people
#6 Facebook revives “dormant” relationships
- Video Marketing
- Tutorial Video Series With FCPX
- 10 Online Marketing Ideas
- 3 Steps To Build & Sustain Your Marketing
- Content Marketing vs Traditional Marketing
- Use Content 300%
- Importance of Organic Results
- Tutorial Video Marketing Ideas
- Marketing Research Report
- Business Reputation Management